I’ve been cooking for a client on the Whole30 diet for months! When I first started I thought it would be a challenge. Most folks follow the diet for 30 days and then come off of it, but this has become a lifestyle for them and they are Whole30 for LIFE. It has become quite normal to me actually, I only shop in the meat & produce sections of Mother's Market! I make sure to carefully read the ingredients in all products for sugar and extra “non-Whole30” ingredients. I am shocked at how much junk and fillers are in some products that are labeled as “healthy” options.
Sheesh. Anyways, here is a great Whole30 meatball recipe! I love this recipe because I pair it with a bold Chimichurri sauce that is spicy and fresh, which helps to liven up the meatballs quite a bit.
Whole30 Meatball Recipe
1 tsp crushed garlic
4 green onions, roughly chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 lb ground turkey
1 lb ground beef
1 Tbsp White wine vinegar
1. Sauté garlic, green onion, cilantro, Swiss chard in pan with 1 Tbsp avocado oil. Then season with oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes.
2. In a bowl mix ground turkey & beef, add sautéed mixture, and combine well. Add white wine vinegar. (Pro tip: Check the seasoning by testing a small piece before rolling all your mixture into meatballs)
3. Roll into individual meatballs, about 1 Tbsp size.
4. Line a baking sheet with oiled parchment or aluminum foil. Place each meatball about 1 inch apart.
5. Bake in 375 degree oven for 12 minutes.
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
1/4 cup parsley
1/2 cup cilantro
1/4 red onion
juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper flake
1/4 cup avocado oil
*Blend all in blender until smooth. Add a Tbsp at a time of cold water, if needed, to smooth out sauce.
Sign up for the WHE newsletter for health info, latest in services, recipes and much more!
A personal chef