Tips For Grilling Pizza
Now that we're headed towards summer, daylight is lasting longer and the evenings aren't quite so cool, so I've started to grill more and more. One thing I love grilling for an easy dinner is pizza. The following are a few simple steps for a delicious grilled pizza:
1. Prepare your favorite pizza dough or purchase ready-made dough.
2. Pre-heat grill to medium high heat
3. Divide risen ball of dough, flatten each ball with your fingertips, place on a cornmeal-dusted sheet and press and form each to desired size. Please note that personal-sized pizzas (8 inches or smaller) are infinitely easier to maneuver onto the hot grill!
4. Brush top sides with olive oil to prevent sticking to the grate.
5. Place dough carefully, oil-side down, on the grill grate and brush the top side with oil.
6. Close the grill and cook 5 minutes until you can see grill marks then carefully flip with a spatula.
7. Top with your favorite combination of ingredients, close cover and continue to cook 8-10 minutes, until crust is cooked through and toppings are cooked and bubbly.
January 2nd edition
December 2nd edition
November 2nd edition
October 2020 2nd edition
September 2020 2nd edition
August 2020 second edition
July 2020 second
Sign up for the WHE newsletter for health info, latest in services, recipes and much more!
A personal chef