1. Avocados ... For the brain! This superfood is loaded with the benefits ranging from protecting your heart to helping with digestion, but it’s also a great pick for improving your mood. Avocados are natural hormone balancers, making avocados the number one food to eat to feel happier.
2. Grapes ... Perfect take along snack, these powerful little fruits also make you feel better. They are packed with antioxidants, especially flavonoids, which have been found to affect mood positively.
3. Shiitake Mushrooms ... Vitamin B6 is what this little Asian variety brings to your mood. B6 impacts the production of serotonin and neurotransmitters, healthy B6 levels are associated with a positive mood and reducing stress naturally.
4. Raw Nuts ... Are full of serotonin, antioxidants, and healthy fats. A handful is plenty since they are very high in fat and calories.
5. Salmon ... MY FAVORITE, one of the best foods for your mood and your brain. Contains double your recommended value of vitamin B12, which is crucial to warding off depression and staying mentally healthy.
6. Sesame seeds ... Their benefits stem from tyrosine. This amino acid boosts the brain’s dopamine levels, kicking the feel-good hormone into high gear while balancing out the others.
7. Strawberries ... Are rich in an array of vitamins and nutrients like vitamin A, C, and manganese. Because of this, strawberries serve as a strong line of defense against brain degeneration.
January 2nd edition
December 2nd edition
November 2nd edition
October 2020 2nd edition
September 2020 2nd edition
August 2020 second edition
July 2020 second
Sign up for the WHE newsletter for health info, latest in services, recipes and much more!
A personal chef