Summer's here and it's too hot to cook inside. If you haven't tried to make pizza on your grill before, now is the time!
One thing I love grilling for an easy dinner is pizza. The following are a few simple steps for a delicious grilled pizza:
1. Prepare your favorite pizza dough or purchase ready-made dough.
2. Pre-heat grill to medium high heat.
3. Divide risen ball of dough, flatten each ball with your fingertips, place on a cornmeal-dusted sheet and press and form each to desired size. Please note that personal-sized pizzas (8 inches or smaller) are infinitely easier to maneuver onto the hot grill!
4. Brush top sides with olive oil to prevent sticking to the grate.
5. Place dough carefully, oil-side down, on the grill grate and brush the top side with oil.
6. Close the grill and cook 5 minutes until you can see grill marks then carefully flip with a spatula.
7. Top with your favorite combination of ingredients, close cover and continue to cook 8-10 minutes, until crust is cooked through and toppings are cooked and bubbly.
8. Enjoy with your favorite summer drink!
Sign up for the WHE newsletter for health info, latest in services, recipes and much more!
A personal chef