Coffee is everywhere and many of us rely on a cup... or ten to get us through our day. But what is it doing to our bodies? Long story short, it has both positive AND negative impacts. The good news is there are plenty of alternatives readily available for when you need a break!
- Coffee beans contain antioxidants which support a healthy immune system and a healthy brain!
- High caffeine levels mean coffee can breathe life into our day, giving us increased focus and attention (and the added sugar helps this process, too)
- It can reduce your risk of certain diseases like cancer, stroke, and Parkinson's disease, possibly even death.
- Sleep. If you drink it too soon before bed it may make sleep more difficult and surprisingly, if you drink it too soon after waking up it can disrupt your hormones.
- The sugar you drink with your coffee can cause blood sugar levels to fluctuate giving you sugar cravings and ultimately, weight gain.
- If you drink it without milk or cream coffee can deplete your calcium levels and put you at risk for conditions such as osteoporosis
For a caffeine break try...
- Brown Rice Powder. It tastes similar to coffee and can aid in weight loss and muscle recovery.
- Dandelion Tea. Great for cleansing the liver, full of antioxidants, can treat UTIs, and fight cancer!
For a coffee-free energy boost try...
- Reishi Mushroom Powder. It has cancer fighting properties, immune boosting effects, and supports healthy brain function.
- Maca Powder. While energizing you it also improves mood, reduces sun damage, reduces blood pressure, and fights free radicals.
August 2nd edition
July 2nd edition
June 2nd edition
May 2nd edition
April 2nd edition
March 2nd edition
January 2nd edition
December 2nd edition
November 2nd edition
October 2020 2nd edition
September 2020 2nd edition
August 2020 second edition
July 2020 second
Sign up for the WHE newsletter for health info, latest in services, recipes and much more!
A personal chef